Characteristics of the ANALYZER:
Having an agenda ahead of meetings helps you prepare. Analysis may paralyze you and you tend to avoid conflict.
- You are very detailed
- You are a thorough decision maker who takes calculated risks
- You want the perfect solution and like predictability.
- You are objective and weigh all the alternatives and are willing to delay a decision until all facts are represented
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Take more risks and face conflicts
- Show less need for detail and anticipate what is important for meeting the business goals
- Fill in the blanks on your own time instead of stalling out meetings
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH THIS STYLE:
- Let the ANALYZER know in advance what the issue is so they have time to think
- Make your thought process visible and talk about the alternatives you have considered
- Support your ideas with fact, graphs and charts, and be clear about the timeline for making decisions
For more about the sources of conflict and tension between the communication styles, contact Sylvia@ceoptions.com and take advantage of a FREE 20 minute strategy session.