Here are the Characteristics of the INFLUENCER:
You are persuasive and verbal, backing opinions with facts. You are passionate about ideas and always come prepared with an agenda to further your own ideas.
- You may have a tendency to finish others’ sentences
- You like to call in IOU’s
- You reinforce those who share your ideas and sometimes play win-lose
- You are results focused and time conscious
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- Slow down.
- Be aware of the impact of your enthusiasm and intensity
- Follow through on priorities and delegate to those responsible
- Ask more questions with the intent of understanding what others are thinking
- Be aware of the group’s readiness for decision making
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH THIS STYLE:
- Get to the point quickly with the INFLUENCER
- Expect a fast decision
- Present facts and logic and don’t bring in too much detail
- Get them excited and they will influence others
- Talk about the impact on their goals
For more about the sources of conflict and tension between the communication styles, contact Sylvia@ceoptions.com and take advantage of the FREE 20 minute strategy session.