Summary: Stress is at an all-time high. Here are ways to think about this as a friend rather than an enemy and “practice safe stress.” Learn ways to manage stress right here.
How stressed are you? On a scale of 1-10 with ten at “I can’t take much more” to 1 at, “Huh, what is there to be stressed about?”
If you fall into the 5-6 range, you can stop reading now. For the rest of us, there is great information here with ways to manage stress.
Once you find ways to manage stress you win, no matter what happens.
Just remember that extremes are never sustainable.
Therefore, where you want to be is between 5-6, which I have labeled “The SAFE STRESS ZONE.”
Here is how I developed ways to stay in “the zone.”
It’s mental, emotional, and yes, even physical.
There are new and better ways to manage stress now for your success.
Research shows that while stress is nothing new, it takes on a whole new meaning during tough times.
You hear it all the time. People are talking about burnout, exhaustion, tension, and overload.
Above all, the talk today is sadly in disclaimer language. It sounds like this, “That’s not my job.” Or “I didn’t sign up for this project.” Or “I need more help, and I’m not getting it.”
Are you overdosing on pleasing others? Is there frustration that you can’t get done what you planned this morning? Angry that your pet projects are now on hold?
You’re not alone — stress is of pandemic proportions these days.
Don’t like meditation or Yoga as ways to handle stress? Here are options.
For example, if you’re not a meditator, read on. Do you get annoyed with those who beg you to practice yoga even though you would instead lift weights at the gym? What happens when you find yourself filling your discomfort with comfort foods?
Most importantly, there are many ways to manage stress. Therefore, find the methods that appeal to you personally.
One old way of handling stress is to look for someone to blame. Another way is to say those around you aren’t helpful. In the same vein, perhaps you either shout out your upset or stuff it down.
The new way is to adapt.
Likewise, a better way is to adjust.
You need new ways to manage stress in this fast paced world.
If you can’t ignore the rate of change or the number of responsibilities on your plate, you have another option.
You can change the way you handle stress, frustrations, and fears differently.
Ya, Ya, you’ve heard that before.
Of course, you have.
Just stay with me for a moment.
Here are 5 ways to stay in the safe stress zone.
- ZEN IT: Easy to say, hard to do. Practice staying in the moment. Do what is in front of you without wasting energy blaming others. No pity parties, please.
- EXPLORE IT: Take time to learn what is new. Read (may I suggest my book Don’t Bring It To Work), take an on-line course, get on the phone or Zoom and talk with those who have blazed the trails before you.
- COMMIT TO IT: Decide that you have a great deal to give and then, don’t hold back. Give your best no matter what others are doing. Give without secretly only doing things to get rewards. Just do it.
- REACH FOR IT: Stretch yourself by taking on new and challenging projects. I promise you will find that you are both able to be amazingly flexible and expandable at the same time.
- LAUGH AT IT: Stress can’t stand you having fun, smiling, and laughing. Laughter changes your physiology as well as your psychology. Take a five–minute break every so often, find something on-line that makes you belly laugh and send it to a friend.
Find best ways to manage stress by observing your behavior patterns.
We all learned behavior patterns for handling stress from our families when we were kids. The world, we would all agree, is changing rapidly, and it is time to find as many new ways to prevent stress from kicking us down as possible.
No more what-ifs or if-only.
Take time now to practice safe stress and help make the world a better place.
My new mini-course on safe stress, Stress Busters, is ready along with my new book on stress. First, take the stress quiz. Next, would you please watch the masterclass to get some good ideas and sign up? You and those you care about will be glad you did.
To your success,
PS My new book “Invisible STRESS (It’s NOT What YOU Think!)“, is now an Amazon bestseller. Get your copy today.